Skip to main content

i tried to read through the posts but couldn't find what i need. so here i am. this is what my company needs:

after a workflow is finished, by finished i mean the approval processes, follow-ups are all done, and the application went through. Supposedly the workflow is closed and it couldn't be seen from workspace from then on. How about if one (say an auditing manager) would like to open the workflow and view the particulars of it (like the details of the approval process, who had approved, etc....)? 

furthermore, if past records are shown on a report, is it possible to click on an item to open the finally approval page? as one can open a yet-to-be approved record from worklist / my process?

For your first question, you can use the built-in reports to view the details of the process for completed workflows.  Take a look at the process overview report and you will be able to drill down into the details to see who participated and and audit trail of what data they changed.

For the second part of your question, about seeing the final approval page, I have several ideas for you.  At the end of the workflow, you could take your approval data and save it using a SmartObject that could then be displayed using a web page or a report.  You could also put the data into a document that is stored in a SharePoint library.  If your are using InfoPath for your user interface, you could switch the view to a final approval view and stick it in a document library.  You could even create your own report for this process that has some sort of hyperlink to the location of the final document.