Skip to main content

I have a view that shows the little person icon as though it is checked out by someone else, but it say it is checked out by me which is true. For some reason, it thinks I am someone else now? I can't access it and neither can anyone else.

I thought about just dooing a Save As and basically starting over, but I'm getting pretty sick of the things I've put a lot of work into randomly and ineplicably breaking and forcing me to re-create them.

Hello Mallory,

You can fire off the Form.aCheckInContexts stored proc which will force check in the form, and then it should be accesible to everyone again.

You will want to get the ID for the views and forms, and you can do that by running the following queries.

Replace the value being searched for in 'CheckedOutBy' with the user you are searching for.

USE K2;

--For checked out views

SELECT ID, DisplayName, CheckedOutBy
FROM Form.View_Design
WHERE CheckedOutBy = 'K2:DenallixAdministrator';

--For checked out forms

SELECT ID, DisplayName, CheckedOutBy
FROM Form.Form_Design
WHERE CheckedOutBy = 'K2:DenallixAdministrator';

You will grab the ID for the forms/view that you would like to force check in, and plug it into the table variable and as well as adding the UserID into the SP.

The 'Type' in the table variable will be 'F' if you are checking in a form and a 'V' if you are checking in a view.

Any views that are mapped to the form should be checked in before the form.

The logic pasted below is what you will executed to force check in the form/view.

--FORCE CHECK IN
DECLARE @MyTable Form.ContextTableType;

INSERT INTO @MyTable(MID], eType])
VALUES (N'97CD2824-D36D-46A7-97AF-BA0F2DFF06CD', 'F');

EXEC

Regards,

Matt

A side question here, were you perhaps authenticated as another account when this occured?

I've seen situations where a user's Active Directory account checks out a form, and the user later goes in as an Azure AD user, and in that case, K2 will only allow check in by the same exact user (AD vs AAD) that checked the form out.