Skip to main content

I have created a SmartObject based on a SQL Stored Procedure, and tested it using the SmartObjects Service Tester; this works fine

Next, using the SmartForms designer I created a View based on the SmartObject

I added a Button and configured a Rule that should, when the button is clicked, Execute the method that is surfaced by the SmartObject within the View

No matter what I do, when I test the View, the Rule will not fire - clicking the button does nothing.

It doesn't matter whether or not the View is tested from the Designer, or in a new IE Window using its URL

It doesn't matter if the View is hosted inside a Form for testing, or just testing it by itself

And it doesn't make any difference whether or not the View is checked in

Absolutely nothing happens. Even looking in my Service Console, there is no activity whatsoever when the button is clicked.

Any advice as to what I may be missing would be appreciated

thanks

Robert

To mitigate if the problem is with your smartobject or with the K2 SmartForms instalation, I would recommend you to, on the button's rule, just set a simple message box action and see if it is displayed.

If you use the developer tools, either from Chrome or Internet Explorer, do you get any javascript or ajax calls errors ?

Thanks. There was something wrong with the default installation and the fact that the runtime site and design time site were separate. I've no additional details to post as this issue was resolved through K2 support.

thanks