Skip to main content
Can VB .net be used to create user input screens verses Visual Studio .net if we will only be using VB (and not C#) as the development language? This will reduce the cost for our developer platform significantly if this can be done.

Thank you for your response.
The question is not 100% clear to me because you would use Studio.NET also for VB.NET development not just for C#.

In visual Studio.NET you can create VB.NET ASPX and Smartclient screens for K2. In K2 you can select a Project to be VB and not C#. Basically everything will be VB.NET (Not VB6) and you don't need to use C# anywhere. VB.NET is the preferred language to be used in conjunction with K2, because most of the example code is in VB.NET.

Does this answer your question?

Cheers,
Gabor Barla-Szabo
Thanks for your reply.

Under the Microsoft offerings, they have Visual Studio .net ($850 standard edition, $1800 enterprise edition) and Visual Basic .net ($109 standard edition). The question was whether K2.Net requires the full Visual Studio .net product or can the Visual Basic .net product be used to develop K2.net input screens. Being able to use Visual Basic .net would reduce the cost of our develpment platform significatly.

I hope this clarifies my question.

Thank you.