Skip to main content

Hello Everyone,

I have an editable list view which contains display rows and Add/Edit rows. I want  required validation on some fields in this list view. I have already added "if the form passes validation " rule in List item added event and it works fine. It validates the fields in list item being added. My problem is, When we are filling one list row and move to any other row for deletion, the validation is fired for the list row being filled. We have to first complete the  current list row filling and then we can move to another row for deletion.Plese suggest me any event for adding the validation so, this isssue will be handled. Give me idea about validating all the list row on form submit button.

13341i2507D3D532961278.png

15184i90B0BEE425B1FB9B.png

Hi Hiren,

I can see what you're trying to do, The validation fires because you've marked all the properties as required in "if the form passes validation" and you can't escape the added row without refreshing the list or the page.

I'm not sure if this is one of your business requirements (all the fields are required or some).

I always suggest to use subview to add/edit items and then you can easily validate the user inputs

Are you essentially saying K2 has this great little editable list view, which can be automatically generated but you never use it because it doesn't cover all the bases?

Dear ,

May i ask on which event u got ur "If form passes validation" rule ?

and correct me if am wrong , just to understand ur scenario more , u click on Add row , u fill it , then u click Add row to add new row , so the validation is triggered for first row ?

Best regards.