Skip to main content

Dear all,

I am trying to have a rule which is triggered based on the what the title of the field is. I can put a validation in place for when a row is added - but cannot validate the list view (Title) when the attachments are already in the list. For example, I want to trigger a rule when the title is 'Procurement Memo'.

If I add a field and the title is Procurement memo from the dropdown, I have no issues. But how do I validate the field name when it's already added? I have tried advanced condition, the if a control is a certain value but cannot get it to work!

Thanks in advance for the help

15086iE4BE57E5EB1D1B93.png

Dear ,

If i understood u right , u want to trigger/execute some actions if u already have "procrutment memo" in the list.

i do believe u could do that if u use "for all rows" condition , u will loop inside the list and add advanced condition inside the loop "if title=procrutment memo"

then execute any block of actions u need .

Hope it helps!

Regards.

Hi Ahmed

So the rule I have configured states the following:  

For ALL rows on TAB list view

if advance condition is true

(what do I need to use for the advanced condition? as in where do I pick the field from?) I go under the view, in controls, under display rows? 

I have tried all of the fields under detail and itmes - doesn't seem to work. And yes you are correct, if the title is Procurement Memo then I want something else to happen.

Thank you!

Dear ,

if u have the data already in a list view it means that its already saved in the data base , which means that u can use smart object properties to compare for ur advanced condition .

so when u add an advanced condition , on the right pane (The context) , u will see the TAB list view , expand it , then u will find its properties and one of the properties is the smart object ... then expand the smartobject , and u will find the columns saved , use that property to compare inside ur advanced condition .

EDITED: from ur explanation u said its a list view , but from the screen shot i see that its editable list view ... so in this case u might be saving data visually first to the editable list and not saved in data base ... in this case u will need to expand the view and go to "display row" properties and use that property for comparing .

Hope it helps!

Regards.