Skip to main content

I have a Sharepoint 2010 document library with a single content type that has a .docm template.

When I create a document in Sharepoint interactively, the resulting document is macro-enabled.

Whwn I create a document using the Word document workflow step "Create Document", I specify the content type but the resulting document is .docx, it is not macro-enabled and cannot be opened in Word (because .docx does not allow the macros present in the template).

How can I use OOB workflow to create a new document from a .docm template ?

Hi MurrayJ,

I'm not sure if you've already figured this out but here's an excerpt from some documentation (found here) regarding the "Create Document" option:

SharePoint provides Word Conversion Services for working with documents. The SharePoint Word Documents Event wizard allows for interaction with Word Conversion Services in a process. These wizards are compatible with both SharePoint 2007 and SharePoint 2010, but only work with Word (.docx) documents.

My advice would be to log a feature request for the .docm option if you haven't already found a viable workaround.