Skip to main content
I would like to use the logger now available with SP4 as way to do some debugging. See more details in this helpful post:

http://forum.k2workflow.com/viewtopic.php?t=2633

But I'm not doing something right, and I get this compile error:

'SourceCode.KO.ProcessInstance' does not contain a definition for 'Logger'

I added the reference SourceCode.logging.dll, but still get the same error.

Any advice for me? Thanks!
Where are you calling the K2.ProcessInstance.Logger from - from code in a event in a K2 process, or from an external assembly?

If from an external assembly, make sure that you reference the correct version of KO.dll in your project (it should be 3.6262.1.0).

If you are calling it in code in an event, make sure that SP4 of K2 Studio is installed on your machine, check the version of KO.dll on your machine (once again, it should be 3.6262.1.0) and finally try to Update the import of SourceCode.KO in your K2.net project. To do this, right click on the project in the solution browser, go to 'Properties' then select 'Imports', highlight SourceCode.KO and click 'Update'

Also check if KO.dll is perhaps in the GAC (it should not be)

HTH
Thanks Neil - I should have posted a reply sooner, because I did get this to work with the help of K2 support.

You are exactly right - I had to update Studio to SP4 (I can't remember if I did this before or after I asked my first question). And for some reason, that didn't update KO.dll, so I uninstalled Studio and reinstalled.

Now the logger is working great. My piece of code isn't, though but I'll figure that out eventually!