Skip to main content

Hi, 

Has anyone done as a 'Save As' of a smartform using the K2 smartform Api? I have seen this done in a demo once and i want to be able to do to make a form generator using templates. Without someone actually going into the designer to create a copy of existing form.

Thanks

Hi,

I have not done it myself but i was told it can be done trough the Authoring assemblies.

Below is sample code that might direct you in the correct direction.

using (AuthoringType instance = this.GetAuthoringInstanceFromDefinition(def))

using (var cloningcontext = new SourceCode.Framework.CloningContext())

using (AuthoringType clone = instance.CloneInContext<AuthoringType>(cloningcontext, Guid.NewGuid()))

{

//do something with the clone.. Deploy or checkin of whatever.

}

private AuthoringType GetAuthoringInstanceFromDefinition(string xml)

{

try

{

if (typeof(AuthoringType).IsAssignableFrom(typeof(SourceCode.Forms.Authoring.Form)))

return SourceCode.Forms.Design.DefinitionUtility.LoadForm(_formsSessionData.SessionConnection, xml).TryConvert<AuthoringType>();

if (typeof(AuthoringType).IsAssignableFrom(typeof(SourceCode.Forms.Authoring.View)))

return SourceCode.Forms.Design.DefinitionUtility.LoadView(_formsSessionData.SessionConnection, xml).TryConvert<AuthoringType>();

}

catch

{

//swallow to allow direct load from Authoring API

}

if (typeof(AuthoringType).IsAssignableFrom(typeof(SourceCode.Forms.Authoring.IXmlSerializableObject)))

{

AuthoringType ret = Activator.CreateInstance<AuthoringType>();

(ret as SourceCode.Forms.Authoring.IXmlSerializableObject).FromXml(xml);

return ret;

}

throw new NotSupportedException();

}

Regards

Jurie