Skip to main content

Hi All,

Seems a major change in the Sharepoint 2013 event wizards has left me with a issue.

I want to create a folder in a document library, dynamically deciding based on rules which site and document library. ie(Pass {SiteURL} and {Library Name} as parameter)

This seems to be an issue across the platform. 
I see that now for us to access a file list from a Sharepoint Library, we need to first create a SmartObject of the Library. This is great if you want to accress only that specific library, but what if i dynamically based on rules want to get the list based on a Site and Library Parameter.

We were able to achieve this in the SharePoint 2010 event Wizards and Service Brokers.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hi!

I have exactly the same problem. I can't find a way to get a reference to a library that doesn't have a smartobject created. Even though i write the adress to it it wont take it. Did you find a solution to this?

Regards

Daniel

Hi Bradley

As you are probably aware, the K2 for SharePoint 2013 integration works differently than 2010 as it now uses the SP2013 APP model (see Overview and Architecture of K2 for SharePoint for more info).

This means that there is no way (OOTB) to call SharePoint methods dynamically based on site or library parameters as you require, as you have to use specific smartobject at design time.

One suggestion is to either use the SP2013 web services (e.g. the Lists web service provides the UpdateListitems method which can be used to create a folder).

You can use this by creating an EndPoints Web Service Service Instance pointing to your site collection (e.g. https://<site collection>/_vti_bin/lists.asmx). Or you can write your own custom service broker and use call these web services in code.