Skip to main content

I want to deploy a SharePoint Workflow Integration process to a document library where the workflow will be manually started for documents.

But, I need to collect some informaiton that I would like to use InfoPath for..

I thought I would select Infopath as the form technology in the integration wizard then run the infopath integration wizard and set the form as the process start form.

What I found is that I could not attach the form to the document library since it isn't a form library. When I attached it to a different form library, the manual process start did not use the form to gather information.

Is there a way to use Infopath to capture process start information for a manually started sharepoint process?

Additionally.. the reason I want to do this is because I want to capture a couple of "people" fields up front. I don't have these fields as columns on the document library, so I can't use the SharePoint Integrated method of putting SharePoint fields on the start form. And there are not K2 data fields that would surface a people picker.. So my choice is to make the user enter a properly formatted login (which they will not know unless they go to the Outlook address book every time.) or use InfoPath. ... but how to use InfoPath as the start form?

-Doug

Hi,

What i understood from your question is:

• You need to have a workflow integrated to a SharePoint document  library which will be invoked manually.
  • Once the workflow is invoked you need to capture the information in the document library to a InfoPath form.

If my understanding is proper, may I know whether the information you want to capture in the InfoPath is obtained from the document library metadata? If not where is the information coming from?

I would suggest to follow the below step to make the workflow run manually and also to integrate it with InfoPath

1. Configure the SharePoint Workflow Integration wizard on the document library and enable it to run only manually.
  2. Perform InfoPath integration > Publish the InfoPath to the form library in the same site.
  3. Make sure you select option, initiate workflow without InfoPath in "InfoPath Integration" wizard.
  4. Once this is done, add a SharePoint Document activity and select "Get Document Matadata" option and set the metadata values to datafields.
  5. Once this is done, add a server event code to set these metadata values to the InfoPath xml.

Let me know if you need further assistance.