Skip to main content

My users are requesting that I be able to set a due date on each task assignment based on the date being collected prior to workflow initiation.  To this point it seems to me that the only date-like setting I can find is the "Expected Duration".  It seems to me though that this is a setting that has to be provided at design time and not at run time.  Is anyone aware of a way to represent this type of behavior on K2 tasks?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Jason

Wouldn't you create a datafield DueDate that stores your custom date, and you can use this date in your escalation logic.

I don't know if there is a way to sort by "higher priority" ones based on custom column in the worklist.

That was the approach that I had started with, but the users are used to seeing "due dates" on tasks themselves.  This would help in priortizing their workloads.  So far every user group I have sat in front has had a similar request and I was hoping that maybe the community had come to a best practice around this behavior.

Thanks for you input, I will try to push them that way until I can meet the other requirement.

Jason

Activity Wizard has a screen "General Properties" where you can see the option at the end which says Expected Duration.

This sets the due date of the task under that activity counting the mentioned days from the start date of the activity.