Skip to main content

I have installed all the latest and greatest K2 software as of Wednesday.  I installed the K2 for SharePoint app in SharePoint Online using the app catalog and have created a simple workflow.  The on-premises blackpearl server is using Exchange Online integration for sending email.  There is no DirSynch between the two (Not sure if this makes a difference. In fact, my SharePoint Online user is first.last@domain1 and my on-premises user is domain2firstinitiallastname)

I created a list and very simple workflow that has a User Task (Notify participants is set).  The task group is set to Originator.  I have approve/deny outcomes.  On approve, I send an email to the Workflow Context: Originator Email field.

When I add an entry to the list, there is an entry in the worklist but I never get the notification.  After I approve, I do get the email I sent (Not the task notification).  Any ideas on why the user task notification is not sent?  Is there any correlation with the fact that the on-premises user and SharePoint online user names are different?

I did just notice I am getting this error in the event log of the on premises server:

61007 Permanent failure sending message You have a task: System.Exception: No destinations could send the message You have a task.
at SourceCode.MessageBus.Server.MessageBusRuntime.SourceCode.MessageBus.IMessageDestination.Send(String title, MessageExtendedInformation extended, IEnumerable`1 attachments, MessageBodyReadera] messageBodies)

Hi, 

Can you confirm as to whether the process is set to start and send an e-mail notification when a new SharePoint List item is created? As that just might be the issue, as emails are sent once the task is actioned.

Regards,

It is started on a new list item but I would expect the user to get the notification email that they have a new task.   It shows up in their worklist, how else would they know its been assigned? I included a screenshot of my workflow.

Thanks in advance for the help.

14331i32634B2B077FD9F9.png

I think I have it solved.   I looked at the docs and it said that K2 service account should have the email address in Active Directory of the exchange online mailbox it would be sending from.

http://help.k2.com/helppages/k2blackpearlGettingStarted4.6.5/Exchange_Server_Configuration.html

"Recommendation:Use the K2 Service email account in Active Directory as the Online account."

This didn't seem to work right away, even after a server reboot.  I then hardcoded an address in a data field, used that and it started working.  I put it back to the Originator group and it continued to work.  I'm going to chalk it up to AD synchronization and that the above item on the account is why it started working.

Hi, 

Great to hear you managed to solve it. Thanks for being active on this post.

Regards,