Skip to main content

Hello everyone,

One of our users gets the following error in Workspace on the K2 production server:

An error has occurred.
Please contact your administrator.
Error:
Initialization failed before PreInit: Error:
Please verify that all necessary scripts were run and review the error logs
Possible causes
- using anonymous logon in IIS while Windows security is specified in Workspace configuration
- current logged on user can not be verified against the Active Directory Membership provider
- please review log files for more information

He is the only one who gets this error. All other users do not have this problem and can work fine with Workspace. Besides, on the testserver

this problem does not occur for the user mentioned above. Does somebody has an idea what could solve this problem?

Make sure the site is added under 'Trusted Sites' on your remote machine and set the Security levels for this zone to LOW. Open Custom level and go right down to the bottom, under User Authentication make sure the radio button is in the “Automatically logon with current user..”. Also, under Advanced Internet Options, make sure 'Enable Integrated Windows Authentication (requires restart)' is checked.

vernon

Vernon,

Thanx for your suggestions, but nobody here have these options checked but they can work with Workspace without any problem.

Except this single user...

Yours,

Ruud

Normal

false
false
false

EN-ZA
X-NONE
X-NONE

The restart is only required for if the ‘Enable Integrated
Authentication’ was not enabled, I think this is enabled by default. Please
keep me posted.

vernon

Vernon, Ruben,

'Enable Integrated Authentication' was already enabled. I'll check the logfiles on the server, as Ruben suggested.

I'll have to change the HostServerlogging.config for that and restart the K2 Service which cannot be done during

working hours. So, I'll let you know soon. Thanks.

Yours,

Ruud

Hi Ruud

Any news / details in the logs?

Vernon