user can't be found

• 14 December 2005
  • 3 replies

Badge
Dear all,
i have make an infopath form and publish it to share pint, it didnt get any eror until i click submit buuton(it work). .It had created process instance succesfully but eror occured in Manager autorisation activity, in get manager autorisation event.and when i look in K2.Net Service Manager it said
User: trialima
User cannot be found.

Eror item name "Get manager autorisation event".

Pls help me.................

regards

susan

3 replies

Badge +9
Please search the K2.net Knowledge Base for this @ http://kb.k2workflow.com

I know of an article that discusses this specific issue.
Badge +3
hi, can you please post the relevant answer here? i have no access to the knowledge base. this is the exact same problem i'm having now. thanks in advance.
Badge +4
KB000106 - User cannot be found error from an InfoPath process

Date Published: 10/26/2005
Published By: Eric Schaffer

Applies To:
Microsoft SharePoint

Summary:
You may receive a User cannot be found error from an InfoPath process that is configured to update a SharePoint task list. To resolve this issue the destination user of the client event must be given explicit permissions to the SharePoint site where the task list is located.

You may receive the following User cannot be found error from an InfoPath process that is configured to update a SharePoint task list.
The error occurs when the InfoPath client event attempts to assign a SharePoint task to the destination user; however the user does not have permissions on the SharePoint site. If the destination user belongs to a User group that does have permissions to the site, the user still requires explicit permissions rather than Group Level permissions. Group level permissions cannot be resolved through the SharePoint API.

To resolve this issue you must grant the destination user(s) explicit rights to the SharePoint site where the task list is located.
For information on SharePoint security please follow the link below to access the SharePoint Administrators Guide.

See Also:

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/wss/2/all/adminguide/en-us/stsf03.mspx