Skip to main content

Hello,

for my current workflow, I created a Nintex Form. This form contains a drop down box named NextState. The values gets populated by a SharePoint List. I assigned ID and Text to some workflow variables

Now what I want to do is to disable a text field, if user selects one special entry of the drop down list

So i placed the text field right unterneath the drop down list and added some formatting rule

As you see in pictures, we are german speaking, the rule I added should be equals(NextState, "Band") in english.

I tried it in different ways and it drives me crazy. The text field always shown. "Band" is the value, the user selects. It is a value of the lookup list. I tried it with the Liste Item ID of lookup, the Text like shown above, I tried it also with NextStateText and NextStateID, using " and don't use them.

Everything without luck.

So please help me to find out what is wrong.

Hi,

because your dropdown is a lookup field,you should use runtime function parseLookup in order to extract the text value of the dropdown, have a look on this great Fernando Hunth‌'s post:  on how to use that function

Thank you so much. This was exactly the reason.