Skip to main content

Hi - I use a request data task for document upload. This task needs a content type derived from workflow task which is created in the task. I would prefer to create the content type myself for deployment purposes. I didn't manage to create a content type which is available in the dropdown.

Thanks for any hint...

Roman,

Can you explain what you mean by content type derived from workflow task?

You should be able to create a content type, add it to the library and then when the person selects the upload they see the option to select which content type to upload as. You would also see the content type in the dropdown of the library as part of the workflow.

Eric,

The Content type can be selected into the task configuration:

Screen Shot 12-08-14 at 02.09 PM.PNG

Initially on an empty site collection there is no content type matching rules to be shown in here. As soon as I check "Create new" and publish the task the CT is created immediately. We deploy our solution automatically wit powershell and to keep everything running automatically I would prefer to create this CT together with the deployment before the workflows are created...

Roman,

If I am understanding correctly, this would be a solution issue and not necessarily a Nintex issue.

When it comes to deployment, I would use a PS command to create your content types, and your site columns and then deploy your workflows.  You should be able ot automate all of that.  Have you looked into implementing a Content Type Hub?  This would allow you to create your content types once, and push them to all your site collections, or at least those that are subscribed.  This would pre-generate your content types when you created a new site and thus would eliminate a step in your process when building the workflow.

Hope that helps.

Hi,

My issue is... There are 4 content types are there available in a Task List. I am using Request Data Action and need to select existing content types in the drop down of content type field. But i am getting message showing " No Workflow Task Content Types found"  Please help me to solve my issue.

Note: Selected "Workflow Task" List from the Workflow Settings in the Nintex Workflow.

If you have custom fields you are needing to capture for the request data action, then you would need to create a content type versus use and existing one.  That may help you get that part done.

I just have to say that it is kind of silly that we need to have the workflow create the content type before we can use it. I spent hours trying to figure this one out and read the part that we need to publish the workflow with it creating the content type to use the content type. that is convenient for those that do not know how to create content types but gets the more experienced folks lost.