Skip to main content

I have a People/Group column in my list called "Assignees". It accepts multiple names. I have create a variable in my workflow that takes the names in that column and prints them using the Display Name. So ads/jdoe is printed as Doe, John.

This works fine until i have an item with two assignees. For example: ads/jdoe; ads/kstar.

The Display Name function doesn't work on multiple names so it just ends up printing out the standard format.

How can i make sure both names are printed using Display Name? (Desired result: Doe,John; Star, Kendra)

You should manage them on a collection.

Take a look at this >>> Workaround person or group field one value problem Using Nintex Workflow 2010 | SharePoint Lady

Did you write this article? I have some questions. The article doesn't show what all should be inside the loop. Also, I don't need any conditions set. I just need the people/group column to print as their full display name. I think this article may be a bit too in depth. Can you assist?

Hi Candace,

Have you found an answer to your original question ?

Lee.

Kind of. I understand that i should put the names in a collection but I think my workflow is unique in that it is a site workflow. So the workflow is going through all the items in the list. I need it to store the names in the collection, print the names in an email, then clear the names out of the collection so that new names can be added and printed for the next item. Do you have any ideas?

I think you're using the Set Variable action. I am too.

With this action we can set a singleline text variable to equal: Workflow Data: person-or-group variable - display names, semicolon delimited.

This works with 1 account (name), but when there are multiple as you described, it shows the original account names, instead of display names.

In my case I have list with a column, in which I can store person-or-group names. So I'm using that column to set my variable.

My Set Variable action sets the singleline text variable to equal: List Lookup, Current Item, Field = my column - display names, semicolon delimited.

This works for me.

I asked Nintex why the two scenarios do not provide the same result. No answer yet.

Hmm ok, let me try that out and see if it works for my situation. I have some extra drop downs in my Set Variable action though. I understand what to put for the Source and Field but what about the "When" and Equals" section?set-variable.jpg

You must specify for which project you're trying to get the assignees.

I keep creating errors that say "Coercion Failed: Unable to transform the input lookup data into the requested type." Is there a way I can show you my workflow and you could take a look? I know it's probably something simple but i can't figure out how to point the variable to the right thing. I'm down to do a screenshare or whatever you want to do!