Use camera and annotate image

Badge +7

Hi all,

When building a form to be used with Nintex Mobile, it is very easy to let the user use her device's camera to take a photo and annotate it (draw on it), and then have it attached to the item.

However, when using the desktop form on my device (iPad, Android etc), I can still create an attachment using the camera, but I don't get an option to edit or annotate the image.

Any ideas on how to accomplish this?

Regards

Leif

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

You are correct. The only way to annotate the image is using the Nintex Mobile app itself, or some other native app on the device before attaching the photo. The browser form will not have that ability.

Badge +7

That was indeed bad news :-(

Regards

Leif

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

This may not apply, but just came to mind. If you are on a mobile browser, you can make a hyperlink appear based on the device or media screen size (CSS). This link can be a Deep Link to Nintex Mobile App. Which would open a form and provide camera and image annotation. Either this opens a new form of the same form the user was on, or it is just a form that is used to add images to a list item and not the same item.

Deep Linking provides the opportunity to fill in values to controls in the form. So if the form isn't too complex, you should be able to take the current values a user typed in and insert into the mobile app pre-submission.