Skip to main content

I have a existing workflow (K2 / Sharepoint) that incorporates a few user actions (basic submit / approve user tasks).  Updates documents, saves, checks in / out..etc.

I'd like to introduce a new user task that presents the submitter with a SmartForm and NOT the sharepoint worklist item.  Perhaps the worklist item can be set up to take the user to a form?

The smart form will then be the only way for the user to execute the action: presented with view/form, select appropriate values, values will be saved into workflow context, click OK, and the Sharepoint workflow can carry forward.

Is that possible?  This combination of Smart Forms and Sharepoint Workflow intergation?

Thanks

Scott

Hi, 

I have attempted this using K2 Studio and it was not possible. It seems like only one type of integration within a process can be used.

Regards,

As I understand it, in order to use smartforms for ANY client event within a workflow, you need to use smartforms integration for the workflow.

Now, I believe that still means you could use some other forms technology for some other client events.

However, I don't see a way to use smartforms as client event forms within a SharePoint Workflow Integration process.

Hello,

I would just like to give you clarity on what the sharepoint workflow integration in k2 means: 

With the SharePoint Workflow Integration Process wizard provides complete integration with SharePoint workflows. What this means is a user will be able to start a K2 blackpearl workflow using any of the possible client options.

This wizard provides a more integrated experience for users in comparison with the SharePoint Event Process Wizard but only allows users to hook into the Item Added and Item Updated events. If users desire to connect to other events, the SharePoint Event Process Wizard can provide that functionality.

You can also have a look at the following video which will show you ways which k2 has simplified sharepoint with smartforms and workflows: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEp_7dVL_y4

Kind regards

Nelly

Hi, 

We have not any response from you regarding this post. If the responses to this post resulted was sufficient, please advise.

Thanks