Skip to main content

Hi all

Currently we are using infopath form (xsn) and kprx files in a k2 project with sharepoint wss3.0.

(we have smart object projects FOR DATA TIER, and web services etc)

WHAT WE NEED NOW IS,

WE DONT WANT TO USE INFOPATH FORM INSTEAD WE HAVE DECIDED TO GO WITH  ASP.NET FORM.  The remaining SETUP IS GOING TO BE SAME AS what we have currently now..

CAN I DIRECTLY GO AHEAD AND CREATE A ASP.NET FORM FOR INFOPATH FORM.

ONLY FORM CHANGE FROM INFOPATH TO ASP.NET FORM

I NEED LITTLE BIT DIRECTIONS

THANKS AND PLEASE ADVISE

RAVI

We have done this in the past, but I really can't say there is a pre-planned set of steps you can execute that will work in all scenarios.  Since you are using the smart objects as your DAL, it should be pretty straight-forward to do code up your ASP forms the same as InfoPath, just using the SmartObject api to execute the SmartObject methods.  Do you think that part (the SmartObject API) is going to be the pain point, or did you have other issues in mind?

Thyrne

Thanks for your quick response.  Can the Asp.net form be created via "FORM GENERATION CLIENT EVENT" in k2 project?  OR we need to create a ASP.NET form and calling K2 process through code behind?

Or CAN WE DO IT ON BOTH THE WAYS.

Thanks and please let me know.

Ravi

I would suggest that youi build the webpages as normal, to replicate the form functionality.

Then build some classes to wrap up the SmartObject.Client and Workflow.Client functionality.  There are two types of page, one will start the process, this needs no special attention but pages where there are client events should use the Default Client Event wizard and the page itself will need to pass the SN query string parameter to the Workflow.Client.Connection class's OpenWorklistItem method.  I highly recommend looking at buying the K2 book (google it) but there's an example application here on the underground: http://www.k2underground.com/forums/t/5720.aspx

I agree wish Hoshy

Thanks Thyrne and Hoshy

Thanks af

Thanks Thyrne and Hoshy

Thanks

Thanks Thyrne and Hoshy

Thanks for