Skip to main content

I'm having a few issues around an upgrade from SPS 2003 to MOSS 2007 while keeping K2.NET 2003 processes in place. On my development environment, I found that all ties back to SPS seem to break.

My physical architecture

1) A single server with SPS 2003, SQL 2005, K2.NET 2003 SP4

2) Upgrade/Migration Server (SQL 2005 and MOSS 2007)

Has anyone come across some guidelines and or best practice recommendations?

Thanks.

MarcL

There are two ways of upgrade to MOSS.  Compatibility mode and in-place upgrade.

• Compatibility mode essentially runs in mixed mode where SPS2003 sites are left as SPS2003 sites.  So the sites can be migrated with minimal work but you don’t get the benefits of MOSS.
  • In-place upgrade converts the SPS2003 sites to MOSS sites.  However, if you have customized your sites, there is a high chance your site templates might get messed up (which is what we faced with some of our own applications).  However, if you use mainly default templates without customization, this should work well.

As for the K2.net 2003 portion, you need to make sure that you remove the K2.net 2003 SharePoint 2003 components and replace it with the MOSS additional components for K2.net 2003.  This will allow your K2 apps to be able to talk to MOSS.  At this point if the linkages to your K2 process are broken, you can probably redeploy again to get the linkages back.  I hope this info helps.  Cheers.