Skip to main content

Hi,

I've just upgraded a dev server to SP1 and I'm now unable to connect to the server from the workspace.  I get an 'Unable to connect to server] on port 5252. No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.' error.  The symptoms look like it’s a licensing problem.  I believe that I'm using the correct development license associated with the server. The configuration manager accepts the license keys without any issues and reports the correct information.  Should I be requesting a new license as a result of the upgrade?

Starting the server in console mode generates the output at the end of this post.

All help greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Richard

;K2 HostServer Console Mode

;======================================

;Loading .NET Framework v2.0.50727

;Framework loaded successfully.

;Creating App Domain.

;Creating Host Server Runtime.

;Boot Strapping Hosting Server Runtime

;Press ESC to end..

Info    1001 Host Server Started as BECADEV
pa

Info    1002 Using .NET Framework v2.0.50727

Info    1003 Host Server Version: 4.7285.1.0

Info    1005 Initializing Connection to Host Server Database: devsql2.HostServer

Info    1007 Initialized Connection to Host Server Database: devsql2.HostServer

Error   0 System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Invalid column name 'MachineCode'.

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolea

n breakConnection)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception

, Boolean breakConnection)

at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObj

ect stateObj)

at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cm

dHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, Tds

ParserStateObject stateObj)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.ConsumeMetaData()

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.get_MetaData()

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, Run

Behavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBe

havior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehav

ior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, DbAsyncResult

result)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehav

ior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior, S

tring method)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader()

at SourceCode.Hosting.Server.Runtime.HostServerEngine.LoadLicenses()

Info    1010 Enrolling Type : SourceCode.Security.Providers.K2UMProvider.K2UMPro

vider

Info    1010 Enrolling Type : SourceCode.Security.Providers.SalesforceProvider.S

alesforceProvider

Info    1010 Enrolling Type : SourceCode.Security.Providers.SharePoint.SharePoin

tProvider

Info    1010 Enrolling Type : SourceCode.Hosting.Server.Services.DiscoveryServic

e

Info    1010 Enrolling Type : SourceCode.Hosting.Services.DependancyService

Info    1010 Enrolling Type : SourceCode.Hosting.Server.Services.TCPIOCPService

Info    12000 Dependancy Service Initialized

Warning 1047 Unable to enroll SourceCode.Workflow.Runtime.K2LogServer. This comp

onent is not licensed.

Warning 1047 Unable to enroll K2Server. This component is not licensed.

Info    1010 Enrolling Type : SourceCode.Categories.Runtime.CategoryServer

Info    1010 Enrolling Type : SourceCode.Dependancy.Runtime.DependancyServer

Info    1010 Enrolling Type : SourceCode.EnvironmentSettings.Runtime.Environment

SettingsHostableServer

Warning 1047 Unable to enroll SourceCode.EventBus.ManagementServer.ClientServer.

This component is not licensed.

Warning 1047 Unable to enroll SourceCode.EventBus.Scheduler.Server.ServerImplime

ntation. This component is not licensed.

Warning 1047 Unable to enroll SourceCode.EventBus.Scheduler.Server.ClientServerI

mplimentation. This component is not licensed.

Warning 1047 Unable to enroll SourceCode.EventBus.Server.ClientServerImplimentat

ion. This component is not licensed.

Warning 1047 Unable to enroll SourceCode.EventBus.Server.ServerImplimentation. T

his component is not licensed.

Info    1010 Enrolling Type : SourceCode.Hosting.Servers.LicenseManagement

Info    1010 Enrolling Type : SourceCode.Hosting.Servers.Management

Info    1010 Enrolling Type : SourceCode.Security.UserRoleManager.Runtime.UserRo

leManagerServer

Info    1010 Enrolling Type : SourceCode.Hosting.Servers.SecurityManagement

Warning 1047 Unable to enroll SourceCode.SmartFunctions.Runtime.SmartFunctionEng

ine. This component is not licensed.

Warning 1047 Unable to enroll SourceCode.SmartObjects.Runtime.SmartObjectClientS

erver. This component is not licensed.

Warning 1047 Unable to enroll SourceCode.SmartObjects.Runtime.SmartObjectManagem

entServer. This component is not licensed.

Warning 1047 Unable to enroll SourceCode.Workflow.Runtime.Management.WorkflowMan

agementHostServer. This component is not licensed.

Info    5000 URM Server Initializing....

Info    5001 URM Server Initializing....

Info    5002 Default label name K2

Info    12500 Dependancy Server Initialized

Richard,

I assume you've followed the release notes and also executed the configuration management tool after the upgrade?

G

Thanks for responding Gabriel. 

I've run the configuration management tool numerous times. The first time it reported a failure on the database upgrade. Second time through it reported success.  I've been busy investigating the logs to see whether that indicates any issues.

Looks like the configuration script was attempted to update the schema using a k2developer sql account rather than the k2 admin domain account. I'll keep investigating.  

Cheers,
Richard 

In the end I removed everthing and started from scratch.   Not a solution but the only way I could get it working.

Same here.

Its important to run the upgrade with a user that has appropriate rights on the DB server. Same with K2 2003, if something goes wrong with the upgrade of the DB´s, the installer does not necessarily report it and you sit with an inconsistent DB version.