Skip to main content

Symptoms

Upgrade to 4.6.9 - K2 Smartform Setup gives error "Could not set key access: {0}" during configuration analysis, although everything seems to be working

Diagnoses

Upgrade to 4.6.9 - K2 Smartform Configuration Analysis gives error "Could not set key access: {0}"

Resolution

From the installer trace, it looks like the installation account "DENALLIXAdministrator" was not able to grant private key access to the K2 service account and possibly the K2 web application service account (same account). After giving the "DENALLIXAdministrator" Full Control on the "C:ProgramDataMicrosoftCrypto" directory and then performing a reconfigure, the Configuration Analysis no longer display this error.

I found a KB based on this http://community.k2.com/t5/K2-blackpearl/Upgrade-to-4-6-9-K2-Smartform-Setup-gives-error-quot-Could-not/ta-p/78819, but the resolutions did not work.

Resolution:

From the installation log, it looks like the installer was not able to locate the specified cert [SP_CERT_THUMBPRINT_WS] with specified thumbprint from the "store My" to assign private key access to the K2 service account and application pool account.

The .Net "store My" is equivalent to Computer Account > Local Computer > Personal > Certificates" store.  We did not find a cert with specified thumbprint in this cert store.

As such, we exported this cert from the "trusted certification authority" with private keys and imported it into the local computer > Personal cert store. Performing a K2 blackpearl > Reconfigure resolved the error.