Skip to main content

Hi there,

We need to perform an upgrade from blackpoint 4.5 (4.10059.*) to the latest blackpearl 4.6.5.  Has anyone done something similar?

From what I can see, this will require an upgrade first to blackpoint 4.5 (4.10060.*), and only then can I using the blackpearl 4.6.5 to upgrade.

Is it possible to do a clean install of blackpearl 4.6.5 rather and somehow migrate the blackpoint workflows and instances to the new server?

What is the best way to do this, and has anyone done anything similar?  Anything I should be aware of also?

Regards,

Elrico Heinen

Some guidance:

Q1. Upgrade K2 blackpoint version 4.5 to K2 blackpoint 4.6.5 followed by K2 blackpearl 4.6.5 

Q2. Clean install is possible yes. Transferring workflows – only the definitions as they can be deployed to the new server. Completed and running instances cannot be transferred without an upgrade. If you require
historical and running instances, the best and safest way would be to firstly
upgrade your blackpoint installation to 4.6.4 and then upgrade to pearl.

Full instructions
can be found there:

http://help.k2.com/en/KB001386.aspx

Hi Elrico,

We have just completed our upgrade from K2 4.5 (4.10060.1.0) with KB1370 to K" 4.6.5 yesterday and the process went very smoothly, there was only one issue we found which was resolved by support.

I would suggest doing an upgrade from 4.5 (4.10059) to 4.5 (1.10060) then upgrade to 4.6.5, this way you can ensure you keep all of your artefacts in place. I expect a clean install and data migration may be a little more complicated.

Hope this helps.

Gareth