Skip to main content

I have searched far and wide, but i just cant work this on out.

My senario is that i have a web enabled infopath form that is intergrate with K2. The process is kicked off by another workflow with an IPCevent when an item is created in a sharepoint forms library.

I am trying to surface a the WorkflowID of the k2 procss - via the sharepoint list column - so i can use this and other information in a webpart to create links and do other stuff. Initally i set out to acheive this at the IPCEvent (sharepoint events ingration process syncronously kicking off a infopath itegration process), mapping the newly created list item ID to a data feild in the child process. I would then use this listitem id to feed the sharepoint list smartobject and update the appropriote column from the child workflow. Apparently there is a bug which means the item id  for a forms library is always 0.. I got this information from another thread.

Try number two... I decided using the InfoPath form to surface certain datasource fields as forms library columns is a basic task and should be reliable. The aim is to update these surfaced fields throughout my workflow as users make descions - which should be simple right? Well, its just not working for me. I find the appropriote XML and put in data event to update them with other fields or even plain text. Nothing works. The fields are never updated and i have verified this by examining the xml.

I guess my question is - is what i am doing acheiveable. Am i going about this problem in the right way, and what can i do to make work?

At one stage i was receiving an error "The source XMLField:(filename), does not exist or is not initilized." I think i resolved this by putting in a default value for the datasource field in InfoPath. I dont see why i needed to, but its the only thing i changed. Now my workflow advances past the data assignment stages onto an infopath client even, but still no fields are updated. No errors, nothing for me to work with.

I am currently developing on the K2pointtrainv1.1 VPC (august) until we are able to establish our K2 environment....

Does anyone have advice for me? Im really stuck on this..

Have you tried finding exactly what you need in the DB's and condfiguring a custome data source in Infopath to return that data in a field and then inturn use the XML field in the process?

vernon