Skip to main content

We have a K2 BP workflow with InfoPath. It captures requestor e-mail id and assigned to xml data source of IP, when it’s submitted. This e-mail id xml field (primary data source) is used to send e-mail notification to requestor at the end of workflow.

They are some cases; requestor e-mail id got changed middle of workflow processing. So it is throwing “Mailbox unavailable” error, when workflow sends mail to requestor using e-mail id that was captured at the time of submission.

Is there any way I can update values in primary data source of infopath using SDK?

Appreciate your help

Thanks JayaPrakash N M

Hi cyclops,

Misunderstand this issue. Workflow has been deployed and instances are already running. But some instances are failed due to this e-mail change.

To fix this issue, I should be able open the failed instance and update value of e-mail id (primary xml data source). Later I can do retry error in workspace.

To avoid this issue in future, we are making change that e-mail id will be retrieved dynamically from AD using smart object. 

But we have to fix this issue in existing processes instances that are failed.

Any help ?

Thanks

Jayaprakash N M

You can put the process in error, fix it and redeploy it.

Use this link to show you how do this:

http://www.k2underground.com/blogs/howtok2/archive/2008/07/24/process-error-repair.aspx

hope this helps