Skip to main content

Symptoms

The Trusted Publisher security certificate for the InfoPath form expired and a new one must be associated with the process. I think I'm using the right process, but the InfoPath Security and Trust Option can't find a certificate that meets the application's criteria. Here is the process I went through.

1. Received updated certificate from Enginbeering department. Installed it under Trusted Publishers certificate store where the old expired one is also located. Installed it on my local PC where the Infopath form will open and on the production and dev blackpearl servers. All of these places were just because I can't get it to work.

2. I went to edit the InfoPath form through K2 Studio (Process --> Infopath Forms --> Design). Once in InfoPath I selected Form Options from the File menu and selected advanced options and opened the category "Security and Trust" (see screen shots in attachments). The form requires Full Trust so I selected that and checked the box to Sign this form template.

3. When I hit the button to Select Certificate, it can't find it. I am still stuck on that step. Where do I install the certificate so InfoPath can see it?

Diagnoses

The issue is related to not having the correct Serial number for the certificate in Infopath

Resolution

Perhaps, you can give the following a try. It looks like the current certificate that is issued by bMY ISSUER] will expire on 06/19. If you select ‘View Certificate’. This will open Certificate Details window, you can navigate to Details tap and copy the Serial number. With this Serial Number, you can search the Snap-in Certificate store to find the certificate store locations. Perhaps, this will point you into the right place to add the certificate.

Be the first to reply!