Skip to main content

I have created an action to update the worklist item and we are updating the work item using the K2 API with the following code:

SourceCode.Workflow.Client.WorklistItem wi;
wi.ProcessInstance.DataFields["TestDF"].Value = "2";
wi.Actions["UpdateWorkItem"].Execute();

As shown in the following example:
http://help.k2.com/en/kb000307.aspx

My issue is that this doesn’t update the _ProcInstData table in the K2Log database for reporting? So after the process is complete where do I get the Process data for reporting?

Hi,

This is definately where it is supposed to be updated.

Once the process instance is saved, which is also triggered by the Action that is executed, it will create a new entry in the _Log table in the K2Server database, which will be picked up by one of the Log threads and update the various tables in the K2ServerLog database.

Can you confirm that once you have updated the datafield and you re-open the worklistitem via the API that it was actually successfully updated?

Please also provide me with the version of K2 blackpearl that you are running.

Kind Regards,

Gert

Yes it does update the data field when we reopen the process via the API. What really gets me is If we have “Keep Audit” checked for the data field it will update the _ProcInstDataAudit table but it will not update the _ProcInstData table.

We are using 4.9120.1.0

Was this functionality deliberately left out since this is the beta version? Is anyone else haveing the same issue?

Hi,

I've tested this in the latest release of K2 blackpearl (KB000450) and it worked just fine.

If it is not working in the BETA release you have it might be a bug and I would recommend that you log a ticket regarding the issue.

Before you do log a ticket, when you restart the K2HostServer service after updating the process, do you see the log data being updated?

Regards,

Gert