Skip to main content

If I update permissions for a process in the K2.net 2003 Service Manager, do the new permissions apply to current instances of that process, or only new instances created after the change?

I have a user task form (an AchieveForm event), and after submitting I get the error domain/user does not have permissions to update the process

The user is in a nested AD group. I've added the setting ResolveNestedGroups=True and restarted the server. I've updated the permissions to give the group all permissions on the process, and restarted the server. I still get the error.

Thanks.

The Service Manager process level permissions primarily deal with who can start a process and how they can view reporting.  It does not deal with task permissioning.

Are you trying to enable a user to be able to see tasks that have alreday been assigned within an executing process instance?   If so, investigate the use of K2 Destination Queues in conjunction with "Use dynamic queues for this activity" (found within the Activity Destination Rule dialog).

"Use dynamic queues for this activity" is described within K2 2003 help:

K2.net 2003 Server can remove/add items from the Worklist for running process instances, making K2.net 2003 aware of changes on Microsoft Active Directory during process execution. If a user is no longer part of a destination queue the worklist item will be removed, or, if a user has been added to the destination queue the worklist item will be dynamically added.

HTH.