Skip to main content

Hi,

I am very new to blackpearl so this is probably a very simple answer but I have the following scenario which I cannot resolve and would appreciate some help.

I have a SharePoint list which stores details of licences including expiry date, I want an email to be sent to the person responsible for the licence 30 days before it expires.

So I have created a workflow which sets a data field with a notification date which is 30 days before the expiry date and and email event which has a start rule of the notification date, so far so good. I have tested this workflow and it works exactly how I want, however the problem occurs that if somebody changes the list item I want it to update the active process instance with the new dates or at the very list kill the running instance with the old values and then start a new instance. What seems to happen though is when somebody changes the list item the original instance keeps running and will send the notification on the original date and a second instance is created which will send another notification on the new date.

Any help would be appreciated.

Before sending the notification check to see if the expiration date in the list has changed.  If it has, let the instance end.  The new instance will start and calculate a new date.