Skip to main content

I am using K2 .NET 2003 but wondering if this scenario has a different solution in BP.

In an activity the user could selectively choose up to 4 person to approve but only 1 needs to approve.

I assign the destination individually and cannot use the AD group/queue because the members are dynamic.

Ideally workflow would just send 1 email that has the first person in the To: field, and the rest in CC: field so that the team is aware the persons notified for the request.

This cannot be done as the URL sn for each user is unique, so currently I have to send email to each destination user individually.

Alternatively I could generate an email asking the user to go to Workspace to process the item without the embedded URL in the email.

In BP, is it possible to have destination event add users to a dynamic queue  and 1 email with sn be used?

Why don't you use a smart object as a destination ? It allows dynamic users. Just create an ApproverUser SmartObject that has a property of ProcessID. Then when adding approvers create an ApproverUser for each added user with ProcessID is set to your process ID. And as destionation use GetList and filter by ProcessId. You can also have a boolean property to mark which user will be in To field

Thanks, would the client event fire just once if I use SO as destination?

That depends.  If your destination rule planning is set to 'Plan Just Once' it would only execute once.  Check out this tech article for more information on slots and advanced destination rules:  http://www.k2underground.com/files/folders/technical_product_documents/entry20948.aspx