Skip to main content
Hi,

We installed SQLUM using SQL 2005. However we get the following error message.

K2Server.Start: SQL User manager Error:Cannot open database "K2SQLUM" requested by the login. The login failed.
Login failed for user 'sa'.
at K2Server.OnStart(String[] args)

Now we learnt that SQLUM does not support SQL 2005. Any idea how to uninstall SQLUM.
faisal,

What version of K2.net 2003 are you running?
What version of SQLUM did you install?

K2.net 2003 SP3 and SQLUM v3.6090.1.0 should be SQL 2005 compatible.

You should be able to uninstall through - Add/Remove Programs.

Regards,
Ockert
K2.net - 2003 with SP3 3.6090.1

SQLUM - 3.5182P.1.0

When uninstalling from add/remove program - the following message was displayed - A connection was successfully established with the server, but then an error occurred during the login process. (provider:Shared Memory Prover, error:0 - No process is on the other end of the pipe

Now when connecting to the K2 Server from the service manager. It does not connect and prompts Authenication Failed.
Did you switch back your Service Manager connection to use Windows Authentication instead of External Authentication?

Did you stop the K2.net Server Service when you were trying to uninstall SQLUM?

Sounds like the installation is a bit messed up. I would totally uninstall and reinstall if I were you.

Regards,
Ockert
Hi Faisal,

You probably did not install SQL with Named Pipes or it is not configured for remote connections. Have a look at the following from Books Online:

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms175496.aspx

The K2.net Server authentication fails in the K2.net Service Manager because the K2.net Server is configured to use SQLUM. This has to be changed back to ADUM again (Assuming you will be using AD for authentication).

You will not be able to get to the properties for the registered server using the K2.net Service Manager so you will have to modify this directly in the _Setting table in the K2 database. (See attached image - Note that I used SP2a and not SP3 so you need to supply the correct version of the ADUM.dll assembly in your K2.net 2003in folder)

After making this change restart the K2.net Server. You should be able to get back into the K2.net Server.
We're experiencing a similar problem using the SQLUM SP3 beta with K2 SP3. What causes this authentication error and how do we correct it? I get this error when opening the properties of an activity in K2 Studio.

Cannot open database request in login 'K2SQLUM'. Login fails.
Login failed for user <our user>.
K2Studio uses the SQLUM connection string specified in the first few lines of 'K2Studio.config' file (in K2.net's Bin directory) to connect to the SQLUM database and return the appropriate users/groups. Please validate this connection string.

Regards,
Ockert