Skip to main content

I'm seeing the following error with a fresh installation of K2 blackpearl.

Detected use of SPRequest for previously closed SPWeb object.  Please close SPWeb objects when you are done with all objects obtained from them, but not before.

This is specifically occurring when accessing K2WebDesigner.aspx from a non-customized SharePoint list. I have not had any luck finding a slution to this particular issue via search. I'm not sure how relevant it is but also seeing the following in the ULS logs.

Unknown SPRequest error occurred. More information: 0x80070002

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: The file /k2test/reporting/masterurl/default.master does not exist.

Any help would be appreciated.

I self-corrected this error by activating all features via Central Admin (assuming you are a K2 Server Admin). In addition to that we had also added the following to our web.config:

<PageParserPaths>
    <PageParserPath VirtualPath="/*" CompilationMode="Always" AllowServerSideScript="true" IncludeSubFolders="true" />
</PageParserPaths>

I disagree with this in principle that it allows server-side scripting now throughout. But, that is better than the alternative. Entering each site / site collection in one at a time everywhere you wish to utilize K2 Designer. Safe yet tedious.

In any case, this resolved the issue for us.