Skip to main content

Having an issue with using a SharePoint group in K2Studio with BlackPearl 4.5.

Grabbing the SharePoint group using the Context Browser and grabbing from the following path:

SharePoint Users--> Collab.IT.Finance.Forms-->People and Groups -->Groups --> PurchasingDept

Where PurchasingDept is the SP group that has 1 user in it right now which is myself.

If I drill into PurchasingDept, it shows my ID.

I have set it to resolve all rolse and groups to users, but the K2 Server console shows that it's stuck at "Executing Dest Rule for Act:..." with my activity name.

Any suggestions?

I have seen similar issues in older versions of K2 where, if there is an exception in the Destination Rule for the Activity, the Process stays in a Running state. I believe this has been addressed in the latest builds.

One common reason for this to happen is the type of Destination does not get updated correctly, for example, I configured the Destination Rule in the first version of my process to assign the task to a User. The Type Dropdown list is set to User to reflect this. In the second version, I reconfigured the same Destination Rule but assigned the task to a Role object, but forgot to change the Type to Role.

Since you are using a group, make sure that the Type for that Destination Rule is set to Group.

When you use the object browser and specifically browse to use SharePoint groups, the type is automatically set to group.  Using the same logic, if you point to a group in AD it works fine.

Have you checked the K2 Server logs for errors?

Yes.  But since they don't show anything since the job gets stuck in a running state.

How is your destination "SharePoint group" looks in the wizard after dragging from the context browser. It should be in this format K2:<Group Provider><SP Group name>

eg: K2:Intranetmytestgroup

Make sure you have the Group Providers by running "K2 for SharePoint" activation wizard.

Activated the K2 Group Providers on another site collection just as a test.  When attempting to use the group, by dragging it in the object browser the name only gets listed as follows:

:groupname

There is no K2: label there.

I have seen this before and I remember it worked even without "K2:" You should edit the DB directly to have the K2 label. In the context browser, did you set the default SharePoint site.

I am facing the same problem. Have you got the solution i.e. :[GroupName].............

Is anybody got the solution

I am facing the same issue. Anybody got the solution?