Skip to main content

Hello,

I have a requirement to have a link to the work item within the escalation email. But when I write the body of the email within the K2 escalation wizard, I select the ProcessID and ActivityDestinationInstanceID to form the serial number and K2 doesn't want to build and deploy. I get an error "Can not use Destination users if Activity is SingleInstance for <name> Escalation Action"

Is there a better way to get the serial number so I can get around the error? Or is there something in the activity properties that need to be setup in order to get around this?

Thanks for the help.

By default, the destination rule is set to "Planned per slot (no destinations)" and that means there is no ActivityDestinationInstanceID. To change this setting, go to the Destination rule wizard, click back to get to the Welcome screen. Check the box for running the wizard in Advanced Mode. Then choose "Plan Per Destination - All At Once." More information and screenshots can be found here: http://geeks.netindonesia.net/blogs/jimmy/archive/2008/07/10/setting-destination-users-as-mail-event-recipient-in-k2-blackpearl.aspx

I hope you have better luck than I do with pulling these fields into a hyperlink. I'm not getting it to work when I pull environment fields into a hyperlink, and I posted about that yesterday.

Beth

Just figured that. Thanks for the reply.