Skip to main content

Symptoms

I am trying to switch from the QA to Prod environments in K2 Studio and it wont let me.
When I go to File > Options and try to set the Prod environment in the Connection Settings and I get the following error when I click the Save button.

Local administration rights are required to change these
settings. Contact your K2 administrator for more
information.

If I try to change it from the Object Browser > Change Server I get the following error:

System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException: An error occurred loading a configuration file: Access to the path 'C:Program Files (x86)K2 blackpearlK2Studioysa1dy4a.tmp' is denied. (C:Program Files (x86)K2 blackpearlK2StudioK2Studio.exe.Config) ---> System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:Program Files (x86)K2 blackpearlK2Studioysa1dy4a.tmp' is denied.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access)
at System.CodeDom.Compiler.TempFileCollection.EnsureTempNameCreated()
at System.CodeDom.Compiler.TempFileCollection.AddExtension(String fileExtension, Boolean keepFile)
at System.Configuration.Internal.WriteFileContext..ctor(String filename, String templateFilename)
at System.Configuration.Internal.InternalConfigHost.StaticOpenStreamForWrite(String streamName, String templateStreamName, Objectand writeContext, Boolean assertPermissions)
at System.Configuration.Internal.InternalConfigHost.System.Configuration.Internal.IInternalConfigHost.OpenStreamForWrite(String streamName, String templateStreamName, Objectand writeContext)
at System.Configuration.MgmtConfigurationRecord.SaveAs(String filename, ConfigurationSaveMode saveMode, Boolean forceUpdateAll)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.Configuration.MgmtConfigurationRecord.SaveAs(String filename, ConfigurationSaveMode saveMode, Boolean forceUpdateAll)
at SourceCode.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.UpdateHostServer(String connectionstring)
at SourceCode.Workflow.Plugins.EnvironmentSettings.ServerCanvas.SaveConnectionString(String connectionString)

Diagnoses

Suggested the following steps:
-Run the K2Studio client tool as Administrator account (Right click K2Studio > select run as Administrator)?
-Check if the window login account has full control on the 'C:Program Files (x86)K2 blackpearlK2Studio folder (i.e. Full Control permission on K2Studio folder).

Resolution

Running K2Studio as Administrator account resolved the issue.

Be the first to reply!