Skip to main content

I have a process that sends an email to a user when a worklist item is assigned to them.  Pretty standard stuff.  However, these emails are not being delivered.  In the log files I find the message below.  I'm on BlackPearl 4.6.  Thanks.

"260516","2012-05-30 16:31:21","Error","MessageBus","61007","SendMessageException","MessageBusRuntime","61007 Permanent failure sending message sDEV-WORKFLOW] A new request has been submitted: System.Security.Authentication.AuthenticationException: The remote certificate is invalid according to the validation procedure.
   at System.Net.Security.SslState.StartSendAuthResetSignal(ProtocolToken message, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest, Exception exception)
   at System.Net.Security.SslState.StartSendBlob(ByteB] incoming, Int32 count, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
   at System.Net.Security.SslState.ProcessReceivedBlob(Bytee] buffer, Int32 count, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
   at System.Net.Security.SslState.StartReceiveBlob(Bytee] buffer, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
   at System.Net.Security.SslState.StartSendBlob(Byter] incoming, Int32 count, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
   at System.Net.Security.SslState.ProcessReceivedBlob(ByteR] buffer, Int32 count, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
   at System.Net.Security.SslState.StartReceiveBlob(Bytea] buffer, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
   at System.Net.Security.SslState.StartSendBlob(Bytet] incoming, Int32 count, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
   at System.Net.Security.SslState.ProcessReceivedBlob(Byter] buffer, Int32 count, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
   at System.Net.Security.SslState.StartReceiveBlob(Bytea] buffer, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
   at System.Net.Security.SslState.StartSendBlob(ByteS] incoming, Int32 count, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
   at System.Net.Security.SslState.ForceAuthentication(Boolean receiveFirst, Byteo] buffer, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
   at System.Net.Security.SslState.ProcessAuthentication(LazyAsyncResult lazyResult)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean ignoreSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Net.TlsStream.ProcessAuthentication(LazyAsyncResult result)
   at System.Net.TlsStream.Write(ByteÂ] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
   at System.Net.PooledStream.Write(Byte ] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
   at System.Net.Mail.SmtpConnection.Flush()
   at System.Net.Mail.EHelloCommand.Send(SmtpConnection conn, String domain)
   at System.Net.Mail.SmtpConnection.GetConnection(ServicePoint servicePoint)
   at System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient.Send(MailMessage message)
   at SourceCode.MessageBus.Imap.SmtpDestination.Send(String title, MessageExtendedInformation extended, IEnumerable`1 attachments, MessageBodyReadere] messageBodies)
   at SourceCode.MessageBus.Server.MessageBusRuntime.SourceCode.MessageBus.IMessageDestination.Send(String title, MessageExtendedInformation extended, IEnumerable`1 attachments, MessageBodyReaderx] messageBodies)","","","SERVERNAME:C:Program Files (x86)K2 blackpearlHost ServerBin","260516","139b4c04387544feaf538c544b448b05",""

Are emails working in general and just not in this one process?

I get other emails from the same process.  But those are generated by EmailEvents, not notifications for worklist items.  Best I can tell, this problem is limited to emails generated for worklist items.

This could be because you have the SMTP connection strings configured to use TLS, but your SMTP server is not using TLS. You may be able to solve this by reconfiguring your SMTP connection strings in the K2HostServer.config file to have TLS=none. 

You can use the connection string editor, available here: http://www.k2underground.com/groups/k2_connection_string_editor/default.aspx 

Extract the exe and save it to your Host ServerBin directory on the K2 server(s), then execute it. This will decrypt the connection strings and allow you to make changes. Make sure you specify the port number (should be either 25 or 587), set TLS=none, and verify the mail server name, in both SMTP connection strings. Then save the changes, and restart the K2 service.

Thanks, that fixed it.

Strange that K2 would assume TLS support on an SMTP server, but whatever...

Glad you got it fixed, and thanks for replying back to let us know all is well.

same Issue and i tried the same solution

but in configuration String Editor mine is using Exchange web service instead of SMPT

and i cannot see any port of TLS in Exchange web service.

i created a new SMPT service with TLS=none and port = 25

restarted k2HostServer but still cannot receive email

i would approciate your guidance on it