Skip to main content
Hi Guys,

I am unable to Restart the k2 Host Server process, it fails with an error Saying its developer version.

I want to debug the k2 workflow and the process is not getting attached , I think Restart ing the process would help.

Can anyone help me on this.

Thank you

Hey,

ehat K2 software license type are you running on? If it's a developer license which is a free version then you cannot start K2 hostserver as Windows services, K2 blackpearl host server run only in console mode for developer license type.

cheers,

Prajwal Shambhu

See this: http://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/k2blackpearl/userguide/current/webframe.html#k2_license_types.html

• K2 blackpearl Development Servers may not run as a Windows Service and can only be operated in console mode.

Thanks for your replies. That means I have to run the k2hostserver cmd in the k2 blackperl folder? I tried the same , but once I exit the console I see that the process vanished from the task manage.
Please guide me as to what I am doing is right
Thank you

I believe there are two links at Start > All Programs > K2 blackpearl:

1.  K2 blackpearl server

- if you are logged in as the k2 service account, you can use this link with the "Run as administrator" option

2.  K2 blackpearl server  (Service Account)

- otherwise you can use this link (also use the Run as administrator option); then input the K2 service account password

11823iCF3D0F135A377368.png

Please try using the "Run as administrator" option.  If issue persists, please check Event Viewer > Windows > Application logs for any relevant warnings/errors.