Skip to main content

Symptoms

Whenever you try to package and then deploy a form which contains Russian symbols in its name it can't be deployed after this. It is possible to see that package with form created in affected environment has somehow garbled name if we look inside of package/zip file - it is different from one with the same form name if package created in another environment which does not have this problem. The following error being thrown while deploying package with this form:

I/O error occurred. System.IO.IOException: I/O error occurred. at SourceCode.ComponentModel.PackageManagerService.ServicePackage.GetStream(Uri itemUri, FileMode mode) at SourceCode.ComponentModel.FileItem.OpenRead() at SourceCode.Runtime.Services.Forms.Services.FormService.Deploy(IDeploymentContext context) 0

Diagnoses

This error may occur on different versions of K2 (4.6.6, 4.6.11) and it is related with form system name which being encoded wrongly and stored in DB with question marks. There is an official KB which explains this issue mentioning Hebrew form names issues on 4.7 CU FP1:

Hotfix: A “System.IO.IOException: I/O error occurred” error occurred when deploying a package after upgrading to K2 4.7

Resolution

The fix from above mentioned KB is also applicable to Russian form names, not only Hebrew. There is also version of this fix for K2 4.6.11 available upon request through K2 support.

Be the first to reply!