Skip to main content

Symptoms

Hi Good Day,

We have Visual studio 2010 in our development environment, we wanted to upgrade the the visual studio to 2015. after upgrading the .k2project was not opening. Visual studio is showing following error : ".k2proj cannot be opened because its project type (.k2proj) is not supported by this version of the application. To open it, please use a version that supports this type of project". (Screen shot is attached for your reference).

To make it work and revert the changes I uninstalled visual studio 2015. now only VS 2010 is on this development machine, but still receiving the same error.
I also tried to uninstall K2 for Visual studio and reinstalled it. but that didn't work. still getting the same error.

Looking forward for your kind help and this project contains all the workflows and smart objects.

Regards

Diagnoses

I nan online session we ran the setup.exe from the installation media then remved the dependencies on VS 2010 then ran the setup.exe again to add the k2 for VS 2013.

Resolution

The respected customer closed the ticket after having an online session where we ran the setup.exe from the installation media then remved the dependencies on VS 2010 then ran the setup.exe again to add the k2 for VS 2013.

Be the first to reply!