Skip to main content

Hi K2 guys,

My K2 server is now running, but I cannot reach my workspace, and I get the following error :

Error:
Membership could not be verified: Only LDAP connection strings are supported against Active Directory and ADAM. (C:Program FilesK2 blackpearlWorkSpaceSiteweb.config line 103)

This is my web.config, with the line 103 in bold :

<connectionStrings>
<remove name="LocalSqlServer"/>
<add name="LocalSqlServer" connectionString="Data Source=[sqlserver];Database=Workspace_Beta2;Integrated Security=SSPI"/>
<add name="ADConnectionString" connectionString="[comldap]"/>  </connectionStrings>
<membership defaultProvider="AspNetActiveDirectoryMembershipProvider" userIsOnlineTimeWindow="1600">
<!--<membership defaultProvider="MembershipProvider" userIsOnlineTimeWindow="1600">-->
<providers>
<clear/>
<add connectionStringName="ADConnectionString" connectionProtection="Secure" enablePasswordReset="false" enableSearchMethods="true" requiresQuestionAndAnswer="false" applicationName="/" description="Default AD connection" requiresUniqueEmail="false" clientSearchTimeout="30" serverSearchTimeout="30" attributeMapUsername="sAMAccountName" name="AspNetActiveDirectoryMembershipProvider" type="System.Web.Security.ActiveDirectoryMembershipProvider,System.Web, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"/>
<add requiresQuestionAndAnswer="false" connectionStringName="LocalSqlServer" applicationName="/" enablePasswordReset="true" enablePasswordRetrieval="false" minRequiredPasswordLength="1" minRequiredNonalphanumericCharacters="0" name="MembershipProvider" type="System.Web.Security.SqlMembershipProvider"/>
</providers>
</membership>

Has someone already faced that issue ?

Thanks for your help,

Antoine 

Hi Antoine,

I haven't seen the specific error before but similar ones...

Please have a look in the web.config file - Line 42 should define your 'ADConnectionString' - and verify that the connection string presented there is in the correct format.

My ADConnectionString look like this:

<add name="ADConnectionString" connectionString="LDAP://K2DEMO.LOCAL" />

Using some tool like Microsoft's 'adsvw.exe' (downloadable from their website), verify that you can successfully connect to your domain controller.

Regards,

Ockert

Antoine,

I encountered the exact issue during Beta 2.1.

After researching this type of connection string (the one Ockert refers to) online, I found a general (i.e. non-K2) article that stated the need to occasionally add the port# to the AD LDAP connection string.

The original LDAP connection string within the Workspace web.config was:

<add name="ADConnectionString" connectionString="LDAP://somedomain.com"/>

I modified it to add the port default AD port # 389:

<add name="ADConnectionString" connectionString="LDAP://somedomain.com:389"/>

I think I did an IISRESET for good measure (although may not be necessary) and then I was up and running.  You'll want to confirm the AD Port # in your environment.

HTH.

Bob

Ockert, Bob, thanks for your contributions !

I've managed to get another error message in my browser, which makes me think that my K2 installation looks like unfinished business :

Error:
Please verify that all necessary scripts were run and review
the error logs

Any opinion on that ?

Thanks !

courtina,

I assume you got past your original question. What did you need to do to resolved the "Membership could not be verified" error?

As for your new question, please refer to post:

http://k2underground.com/forums/thread/18491.aspx

icon-quote.gifBob:
courtina,

I assume you got past your original question. What did you need to do to resolved the "Membership could not be verified" error?

As for your new question, please refer to post:

http://k2underground.com/forums/thread/18491.aspx

Ok, here is what I used to get past my original error :

<add name="ADConnectionString" connectionString="LDAP://[DC.NetBiosName]:389/dc=[],dc=[],dc=[]" />

Sorry about the off-topic last question, I'll refer to the indicated post Tongue Tied

Thanks 

Antoine

Thanks a lot this approach helped me in solving the same problem on k2 1370
i mean adding the port