Skip to main content

Symptoms

Certain features of K2 Workspace are not working properly in IE 11 and other browsers. I am unable to access the select users view of the OOF configuration page. When I attempt to add a new user, the select users view becomes unresponsive and displays a loading icon.

The worklist dashboard web part does not display at all in IE11. Sometimes the page will display if I change the rendering mode using the developer tools to an older version of IE (IE7 usually).

In general, the workspace performs poorly in any browser with which I try to access it.

Diagnoses

Issues with workspace in IE revolves around trusted sites and compatibility settings. Workspace works best in IE and it is recommended that IE be used when a user accesses workspace.

Worklist web part in Sharepoint 2010 only functions in versions of IE 8 and below from what we have tested. When rendering in IE 11 mode the web part will load but will constantly be loading. We saw that other web parts would still show and function properly while IE was in 11 or Edge.

Resolution

The rendering issues and inability to scroll in some parts of workspace was due to not having the workspace url in the trusted sites list, it was also ensured that other IE settings detailed in the KB seen here: http://help.k2.com/kb001578_, were set.

We saw the rendering issues only on one machine that did not have the correct trusted site settings.

The next issue revolved around getting the Worklist Web Part for Sharepoint 2013 to work while IE was set to run in Edge or IE 11 mode. In this environment there are requirements on other software being used, such as SiSense, to have Sharepoint rendering in IE 11. The master page of SharePoint was then changed to force a render in IE 11 mode through the html tag of:

This enabled other software to work but prevented the Worklist Web part from working.

NOTE: Normally Sharepoint is best run in IE 8 as this was the latest version at the time. Running Sharepoint 2010 in IE 11 can cause some controls to not function properly and you will see some errors with correlation IDs in various places.

The worklist web part for sharepoint 2010 only works in IE 8 or below. The worklist web part is one of the older web parts so it was not designed to work with later versions of IE.

The workaround for this issue was to create a blank form in K2 Designer, add the worklist control to this form, and then use the K2 Form Viewer web part to display the worklist form on a sharepoint site. The K2 Form Viewer web part does function in IE 11 and the worklist control provides similar if not the same functionality that the web part does.

Be the first to reply!