Skip to main content

Hi,

I was installing K2 Blackpearl 4.6.11 but installation got failed, so i have uninstalled K2 blackpearl  using setup manager and removed all K2 components including sites, App pool, GAC Assemblies. Now when i am trying to install it again then instead of showing the installation window it is showing me the Configure window.

16826i4EBB0D5A0CCAD047.jpg

i guess there are still some files/assemblies are present of previous installation which is causing this issue. can anyone help on this.

Thanks in Advance

Hi,

I beleive after running the uninstalltion wizard you still need to perform lot of manual steps to make sure you dont have any K2 components left over. Once everything is finished you need to also reboot the machine.

To validate uninstalltion is successful or not; please do the below checks;

1. No K2 Databases are present on the SQL Server
  2. The K2 blackpearl menu items are not present under Start > Programs
  3. No K2 components are present in Add/Remove programs (Start > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs)
  4. No SourceCode nodes are present in the machine.config file
  5. No SourceCode assemblies are in the GAC (C:WindowsAssembly)
  6. No K2 blackpearl folder is located under Program Files
  7. No K2 For SharePoint tab in the SharePoint 3.0 Central Administration Site
  8. No K2WorklistWebpart.wsp located in the SharePoint 3.0 Central Administration Site
  9. No issues opening the SQL Server Reporting Services home page
  10. Check K2 blackpearl Server service removal. If the service is still present it will be listed in the Services Console but in a stopped state.
  11. Verify SharePoint solutions removal (if SharePoint was part of the solution)
    • Go to oinstallation drive]Program FilesCommon FilesMicrosoft Sharedweb server extensions12TEMPLATELAYOUTS and check if the folders of K2 and K2BlackPearlPages are removed
  12. Check IIS to ensure K2 has been completely removed and the app pools associated with K2 sites are removed.

For more details please follow the below link;

Hope it helps :)

Cheers,
Prajwal Shambhu

Hi Prajwal,

Thanks for the reply,

I have followed all the steps which you mentioned but still getting same issue.

You missed out the registry part. See http://help.k2.com/kb000216 under Step 2

Hi All,

I have done all the steps but still getting same issue.