Skip to main content

Symptoms

Unable to Handle User Responses

Diagnoses

I've put in a ticket for this before. The suggestion was to get a O365 e-mail account to work with K2. We did this and it is all setup but still we are unable to handle user responses. Very disappointed with the product. This product was demonstrated to us as being something that can handle work flows and work with e-mail. We have Lotus Notes. Now I'm trying to figure out other methods (which are not in your documentation) on how to handle work flows when not using Microsoft Outlook/Exchange.

My problem is I want a simple Approval step. I want to send an e-mail to the approver. I can create an e-mail to state what needs to be approved/rejected. I don't want the users to go to the Blackpearl workspace. This would be too confusing for them. Thus, the approve/reject option within the e-mail would be best but this doesn't seem to be available (or has not been configured correctly). Other option would be to have them go to another smartform. Again I'm not too keen on this idea but if that is our only option then I'll go with it. I would prefer the form to populate automatically with the link that was selected.

Resolution 

- In a meeting with the customer, we established that the O365 account that was created was not associated with a domain account. Once this was done, client event notifications started sending, however, SmartActions were not being processed.
- After reviewing the log, we found a warning indicating that the email was being ignored due to spam restrictions. This was remedied by setting spamSecurity to "Off" in the K2HostServer.exe.config file.
- After setting Spam to off, the email got picked up, however the response from K2 indicated that the SmartAction reply was not understood.
- In another meeting with the customer, we looked at the Client Event notification email and found that it did not contain the serial number. We figured out that the wrong process was being used by the form. After reconfiguring the form, the right client event notification was sent, and we were able to action the process using SmartActions.

Be the first to reply!