Unable to get proper development license for smartforms

• 18 September 2015
  • 0 replies

Badge +7

Symptoms

Unable to get proper development license for smartforms

Diagnoses

I am trying to install blackpearl and smartforms on my windows 7 machine. The blackpearl installation was successful but I am unable to get the appropriate license for smartforms. The components I selected to install are K2 Designer, K2 smartforms Runtime, K2 smartforms Process Wizards, and K2 smartforms Setup Manager. I attached a screenshot of my attempt to retrieve a license. This is a development license for a windows 7 machine. I received the following error "Unsupported license entered for Windows 7, a developer license is required for K2 Server installs." If I am reading the compatibility matrix correctly http://help.k2.com/smartforms/support-matrix this should not be a compatibility issue. I wonder if one of the selections I made on the license key page was incorrect. Could you please point me in the right direction for retrieving the correct license?

Resolution

Edit the Product.config that is found in (C:Program Files (x86)K2 blackpearlSetup or C:Program Files (x86)K2 blackpearlK2 smartforms Setup), and set this setting to false to get past the panel.

"<setting key="checkwindows7" value="false" />"

0 replies

Be the first to reply!