Skip to main content

Symptoms

Adding one new property into my smart object, and it is working fine. But when I refresh the form, I am not able to see the new property in my advanced condition rule's context browser.

Diagnoses

- Using a rule to execute the SmartObject's method shows the added property, but it does not appear in the advanced condition rule's Context Browser

- The SmartObject the user is trying to use in the Context Browser is located within a View used in the form

- Editing the View shows "Value cannot be null. Parameter name: s"

- K2 Designer is unable to retrieve the updated SmartObject because there is some problem with the View

- Discovered the error originate from one of the SmartObjects (Employees) referenced by the View

- Testing the problematic SmartObject using SmartObject Service Tester reveals the same error

- The Stored Procedure referenced by the problematic SmartObject has been deleted from the database

Resolution

1. Delete the Employees SmartObject, and recreate a new Employees SmartObject (with the same GUID) that references an existing item in database.

2. Edit and check in the View

3. Go back to the Form, and check if the advanced condition rule is now showing the SmartObject properties correctly.

Be the first to reply!