Skip to main content

K2 Blackpearl

I had a issue where I deleted a workflow from K2 Designer and from Workspace. When I published a new workflow I noticed the old workflow continued to show up on the form. I had disabled all of the workflow rules for the first workflow thinking there might have been a dependancy issue. The problem continued to exist. I could delete the workflow from designer and it would appear to go away until I refreshed the browser. When I tried to open the workflow I would get an error stating the workflow does not exist. To correct this issue I saved the existing workflow with the name of the old workflow. I was prompted to overwrite the existing workflow with the same name. I overwrote the old workflow. Then in Workflow Designer I opened the workflow library and saw the old workflow had been locked by the service account. I then logged on as the service account and unlocked the workflow. I deleted it again from Workspace and then from Designer. This resolved the issue. I suspect tht the workflow was locked by the service account when I deleted it causing a phantom workflow to appear. Since the workflow was locked by the service account everytime I deleted it from K2 Designer the phantom workflow would re-appear.  I hope this helps someone with the same issue in the future.

Thanks,

B

Be the first to reply!