Skip to main content
😞 In the K2.net studio, when I try to export the k2 process to the K2 server, I receive the following error:

Exporting to K2 server.........
Unable to connect to server AQSPS on port 5252
gethostbyname failed: 11001

"AQSPS" is the name of my k2 server name

Can anyone help me on this?
Hi,

I know it's an obvious question, but is your K2 server running?

Check the Services Applet on your K2 server to see what state the "K2.net 2003 Server" service is in. If it's not showing a "Started" status, then start the service and try connecting with the studio.

If you want to monitor what's happening as the service starts, try running the command line version using the "Start > Programs > K2.net 2003 > K2.net 2003 Server" menu sequence. If the service is already running, you will need to stop the service before the command line will run - It detects another instance on startup and then closes down.

The command line version will allow you to watch what happens as the server starts up - You might see an error that you were previously unaware of.

It's worth checking the event logs to see if anything has been reported there as well.

Also, make sure that your SQL server is up and running.

Regards,
Dave.
Hi,

This error message indicates that the server cannot be found.

If the K2 Server can be located on the network, but the service is not running the error message would read as follows:
Unable to connect to AQPS on port 5252
connect failed: 10061.

Try to verify that AQPS can be accessed from the machine running K2Studio, and ensure that your server registration properties are correct.

Hope this helps
Emile
Thankz a million. It works