Skip to main content

Hi All,

I am a Newbie to Nintex - this is my first workflow - and my 3rd question on this site regarding it. Apologies

In SharePoint our dates display in UK format i.e. day/month/year.  i.e. 01/10/2014 is first of October 2014.  When we do column calculations in SharePoint using the dates they work correctly.

I have a list which contains a start date and an end date.  I have queried that list and put the values into two date time variables Var_startdate and Var_enddate.  (Var_startdate and Var_enddate both have blank starting values).  I have created a Build a string item using an inline function to difference the two dates, and am getting VERY weird answers.

I have investigated further and found that if I do a fn-FormatDate(WorkflowVariable:Var_startdate},dd/MM/yyyy)  the value returned is 10/01/2014

If I create a variable with either Today's date or a Specified date as  default- those are interpreted correctly.

Is there a setting I need to change somewhere to tell Nintex that I am working with UK date format ?

Thank you.

Could be a bug.

I've also got a similar date format issue where the loop action is interpreting / parsing the DateTime based on the language ID instead of the locale of the site. This is causing my workflows to error because when a date is selected e.g. 25/5/2015 (dd/mm/yyyy) it's being parsed as 5/25/2015 which isn't a valid DateTime for dd/mm/yyyy

Nintex Development Team have confirmed this is a bug but there is no fix yet with no ETA since a priority has not been established yet...

Version: Nintex Workflow 2010 (2.4.3.0) - English

Apparently fixes are only deployed when a new version of Nintex Workflow is released, which occurs every three months...

The initial bug is still available in Nintex Workflows 2013 3.1.7.10 International. The workaround still works but in my opinion this should be fixed soon. Is there somewhere an overview to see what bugs are in progress for next release-version? Frank Field

The problem could stand in relation with the use of a document set where the datetime-field is created I want to use in the workflow.

I've marked ‌ correct as, for the time being - until a fix is applied - this is what we have to work with!

I look forward to seeing what's planned.